1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's get everything out there

Discussion in 'Forum Announcements' started by Yondie, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Yondie

Yondie UniverseKing
    Owner

Ratings:
    +1,814 / 16 / -0
    <----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

I want to start by describing to you our staff team on the upper level, developer and above.

Yonda, (UniverseKing) - Owner - . I have a lot of experience working in Minecraft servers, i'm currently continuing with college doing an electrical installations course, this is my 4th course and I intend to use the skills I've learned to do property development. I am also lazy, but I am willing to do the work to deliver you with a good server.

Gold, (Genius) - Owner - . Honestly I consider myself pretty smart, but I am nothing compared to this man, the amount of knowledge he has is incredible, and it's not garbage knowledge like a lot of people have, it's useful knowledge that can be applied to things, and to top it all of he applies wisdom to his knowledge far beyond his years. He is one of the best men I have ever known.

Josh, (Big scrub) - Owner - . There's a lot of things I can say about josh, from his hyperactivity to his stubbornness but what I can say is that at the end of the day even though it may take a little longer than usual and he may get sidetracked along the way but I do at least know I can rely on him.

Kat, (Midget) - Admin, head of staff - . Well, there's a lot I want to say about Kat but I won't but what I will tell you is you will never meet someone more virtuous and trustworthy than her, she treats those around her fairly even if she doesn't even like them, and she will always do what's best for everyone. That's why she is head of staff and why you will all realise she is just as approachable as anyone else.

System. (Slightly less of a genius) - Developer - . I regard System as someone who can as he grows with age come to gain the same level of knowledge and wisdom as Gold, at this point he is still a genuinely smart person proving that by always increasing his computing abilities and working as the main Developer on another server as well as doing some work for us.

So that is my description of our current upper level staff team. Mine is obviously different because i'm not going to pour out a heartfelt thing about myself because that would be fairly egotistical.

<----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->

2. Yondie

Yondie UniverseKing
    Owner

Ratings:
    +1,814 / 16 / -0

So, this next section I want to talk about the past, specifically me, more specifically, my past on minecraft.

So, for anyone who doesn't know me from when I started doing this stuff, I started on a server called noahcraft, that server later moved on to be called squadcraft, I joined it being a fan of NoahCraftFTW the owner at the time and thought I would give it a try, I joined and ended up liking the server, I started pvping and I liked that too, I remember I walked out of the spawn originally and I walked to the coordinates X 1200 Z 400 and I found this river, so I dug down and that was my base, I used birch wood and I had a dirt block that worked on a piston to open and close as I wanted to enter and exit, I thought it was quite elegant. It ended up getting blown up but still, I liked it. I kept playing and then one day I walked out of spawn and saw this tower of gold blocks with this guy at the top and I was like, lol what? So I hippity hopped on over there and saw Surgetheurge who at the time wasn't even a mod yet, I made friends with him and we were pretty cool after that, the gold block tower was a trap by the way. Time passed and I ended up in what at the time was debatabley the best faction, MafiaCrew, I spent a lot of time on the server playing with them... like... a lot, but in the end they all left and I ended up being the only one still around except for ryanrox who stayed for abit longer than the rest. I moved on to achieve trialmod from one of the admins, his name was ian0526. He later left squadcraft leaving surge as the sole admin, around that time I was promoted to mod, I stayed in that position for about a year while hayesalmand was an admin appointed by noah, at the end of the year surge decided he didnt like hayes anymore and fired him, banning him from the server. He also ended up instigating the arguement that would doom squadcraft, causing noah to quit and along with him, the advertising for the server. It was averaging around 1000 players at that time. Following this surge appointed me to admin and I started doing my best, I appointed a real mod team instead of it being only me as it had been for a year prior, I had to moderate all of squadcrafts servers by myself without help, a challenge indeed but I did it. Anyway, I picked staff and created a staff team and things were ok for a while, the playercount deteriorated and it stopped at around 200-250, I did the best I could with the tools I had, swapped out spawns, made new maps for things such as kitpvp, but I of course had limited tools as I did not have console but I really did my best at the time, now my best at the time is by no means an acceptable standard. Anyway, time progressed and my relationship with Surge detoriated and I chose to leave and make my own server, so I started work on it with the help of most of my staff team who were more than willing at the time to come with me, and we made SquadServers, and so when work was nearly finished I told Surge I was leaving and bid him farewell, I demoted all of my staff team from their staff ranks than expressed willingness to come with me and we left. A common misconception is that I banned them all which is untrue. I'll get to that in a second. So we left without abusing the server or causing it any harm and in return Surge banned every single one of us and tried to say I did it, I remember he messaged me on skype and said "Why didnt you admin abuse and destroy the server? Lol" and I simply replied "Because that's not me, i'm not looking to destroy your server, simply start my own". Yes I posted on the forums about why I was leaving and explained the situation which got deleted for having the name of our server in it, which is understandable. So I removed the mention of our server and posted it again so it wouldn't be advertising, in return for that I got a ban from their forums. You can find what I posted here, (https://pastebin.com/5JeFPNQ6) It's fairly self serving and pretentious and I recognise that now after growing further. Regardless of this we continued and we had a good couple of months of squadcraft with NoahcraftFTW as our advertiser, now Josh had some ill feelings towards noah and chose to voice them in public chat.. what noah online, Noah didnt like this, informed me and quit. Which is alright, thats his prerogative, that was the start of the decline of squadcraft, as I have already said, if there's no advertising, there's no players. And so squadservers inevitably went down. Which leads us to here, working on Misuto.

--- Double Post Merged, Apr 24, 2017 ---

Okay, so now I want to talk about my attitude and wrongdoings in that past.

I did a lot of things wrong in my time gone, I treated people badly, I broke my own rules, I was misogynistic and hypocritical and most of all, unreasonable. I would ban people for no real reason other than arguing with me, I was immature in that sense. I demoted my staff team for really no reason and caused amnesty towards myself from many of those people, one of those people is Revolutionz, he was a mod and he did his job properly, I demoted him because he had a permission on a test server that he wasn't meant to have, he tried to explain and I ignored it, his explanation however was completely valid, which lead to his hate of me and comments made about me such as "In the mod chat we all had that convo about yonda how stupid and pathetic he was and now people are going to him because he opened his new and *improved* server wich wont be standing long anyways because he simply does NOT have the balls to keep a server running" being made, now I didn't think I had treated him unfairly after the fact I still considered him a friend but clearly that was one sided, also if you choose to believe that statement it is up to you I won't fight it everyone is entitled to your own opinion but I am more than willing to issue an apology to Revolutionz for my past transgressions, so Rev, I apologise. However he is not the only person affected this way, just the one I choose to point out, there are a lot of people that hate how I was and will continue to hate me to this day and past this day and I sincerely believe I am deserving of that hate. I turned a lot of friends into enemies thinking I couldn't be a good admin and a good player at the same time and that was wrong, if there's anything you can learn from me it's that a position of power does not mean you are elevated above any person, it doesn't mean you are better than them, it means you have a duty to them to improve and make their lives better. I was very arrogant not accepting peoples opinions on things and I appointed staff based on their names, now honestly, quite a lot of the time it worked out well and I ended up with good staff because of it, but that doesn't mean I was correct in my arrogance, it means I was lucky. At the time I thought I was the only thing keeping squadcraft going because in all honesty Surge did not do much to keep it fresh and engaging, but the truth is, the things that kept it going were the loyal players, the fact the player base went down when I left was a coincidence, nothing more. I would like to extend an open arm when the server is out to any person I claimed to hate or banned or any of that to join if you wish, there will be no problems for me, but of course, that sounds a bit like me begging for players doesn't it? Well it's ok if you want to take it that way, I am just trying to provide a good environment for players and perhaps a second chance. I like to think at this point in my life I have moved on and changed to be somebody who can lead a server and does now have the "balls to keep a server running". But that is yet to be seen, with the release delayed so much and all I can say is sorry because that's not what I do, I wish I could give full reasons at to why it is so delayed but things are personal and not always to be discussed on the public forum.

Well, i'm sure this will end up on the squadcraft forums with a list of insults and such attached but if that's what they want to do it's up to them, i'm just hoping perhaps some amnesty towards me can be lifted and people can understand it was nothing more than the transgressions of a child

Sincerely, Yonda

3. Shakib

Shakib New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Well said, the real question is though. When is it actually going to open properly. Another issue is the advertising.. you need someone to advertise for you somehow or the server won't go far.

4. Yondie

Yondie UniverseKing
    Owner

Ratings:
    +1,814 / 16 / -0
    Opening date unknown, I can tell you significant progress is being made however, and Josh will be our advertisement.

5. Shakib

Shakib New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Good to hear.

6. Evravon

Evravon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 2 / -0
    Good post :) Should clear the air between you and some players

7. ItsEpicania

ItsEpicania Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +139 / 3 / -0
    I found it interesting reading the last section of the post and I'm glad that it's been mentioned. Regarding our past issues aswel and where our bridges have burnt, I don't mind apologising although it's fair to admit it was not 100% at my fault, and I'm sure you can agree to some extent. Considering it had Evravon (I don't blame anyone for the instigation of this), involved in the situation and I know I've handled that in an inappropriate way during my period of moderating the server, overall during my time of moderating, it has indeed been a pleasing experience and can happily say that I have made a positive contribution to the community by making sure everyone's ok on the server and although I've never got the opportunity to really do so, but I wanted to express my gratitude for the opportunity.

8. Its__Jay

Its__Jay Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Ok it's been a while like honestly has there been any progress at all?

9. Yondie

Yondie UniverseKing
    Owner

Ratings:
    +1,814 / 16 / -0
    This post really had nothing to do with that...

10. Shakib

Shakib New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Lmao he's just asking if there's any progress. Obviously not smh